- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-6 hours
- Servings: 4-8
- 2-3 onions, thinly sliced
- 2-4 pounds chicken (breasts or thighs), skinned
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 20 pitted Kalarmata olives, chipped coarsely
- 1 bunch fresh parsley or basil, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Cooked pasta
DirectionsPlace sliced onion in slow cooker and cover with chicken.
In a bowl, stir tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, and white wine together. Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
Stir in capers, olives and herbs just before serving.
Serve over cooked pasta.
Note: Cooking chicken on the bone versus boneless will increase cook time about 30 minutes to 1 hour.