- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Pesto Sauce:
- 2 cups (2 oz.) fresh basil leaves, trimmed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar roasted garlic and onion sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup orzo
DirectionsPlace basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt in blender or food processor; mix well. Gradually add oil, blending until mixture is thickened. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
Combine sauce, broth, oil, rosemary, and thyme in small pot. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo. Cook 9 minutes.
Serve soup in bowls. Dollop each serving with 9 Tbsp. of pesto.