- Servings: 8
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, but into cubes
- 5 cups water
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen egg noodles
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk, divided
DirectionsIn a large pot, add chicken, water, parsley, thyme, pepper, bouillon, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Add noodles, carrots, celery, and onion. Return to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until done.
Meanwhile, in a liquid-tight container, combine 1/2 cup of milk and flour; shake well until smooth. Add to noodle mixture with remaining 1 1/2 cups milk. Continue cooking over medium heat until thickened and heated through.