- 1 lb. ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb. rotini or penne pasta
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, peas, or broccoli
- black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 can (3 oz) sliced mushrooms (optional)
DirectionsBrown ground beef. While beef is browning start boiling water to cook pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions. Once beef is browned add butter and optional ingredients.
Add cream cheese, milk, and seasonings. Simmer until cheese is melted. Add frozen vegetables, return to simmering.
Once pasta is cooked, drain, then combine with beef and sauce. Simmer 5 minutes to heat through, folding pasta, beef, vegetables, and sauce together until coated.