- Servings: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flower
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or grated peel of one orange
- 3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
- 1 2/3 cups (11 oz) butterscotch morsels
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375-degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies. 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.