- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 24
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Candied orange peel for garnish (optional)
DirectionsPREHEAT oven to 350° F. Paper-line 24 muffin cups.
COMBINE whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat brown sugar, oil and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel in large mixer bowl until blended. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Fold in carrots and raisins. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcake comes out almost clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
BEAT cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon grated orange peel in small mixer bowl until smooth. Spread over cupcakes; garnish with candied orange peel.