- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 30 gingersnap cookies, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (1.5 qt.) Vanilla Light Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
DirectionsPLACE 25 cookies in food processor; process until finely ground. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch pie plate. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
COMBINE sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Scoop one half of ice cream into crust. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar-spice mixture over ice cream, spread evenly with spatula or back of spoon. Repeat with remaining ice cream and sugar-spice mixture; spread evenly. Place dollops of whipped topping around edge of pie. Crumble remaining 5 cookies into 1/4-inch pieces. Sprinkle crumbled cookies over pie. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
REMOVE pie from freezer. Let stand for 10 minutes or until soft enough to cut.
• To soften ice cream, place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
• 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
• For a pumpkin ice cream version of this recipe, substitute 1 carton (1.5 qt.) Pumpkin Light Ice Cream for the vanilla ice cream and spices. Scoop entire carton of ice cream into prepared crust. Top with dollops of whipped topping and crumbled cookies. Freeze as directed above.