- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (green or red), deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato (about 2 medium or 1 1/2 large potatoes), peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 (14-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (19-oz) can red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
DirectionsHeat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion (and pepper if using) and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, and spices and briefly sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds to one minute.
Add the crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock, followed by the sweet potatoes. Cover and let simmer gently on medium-low for 30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are soft.
Add kidney beans, stir and heat through. Add the peanut butter and stir until completely incorporated into the sauce. Serve warm.