- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 box spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut julienne style or oven-dried cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, shredded
DirectionsSaute pine nuts until slightly brown. Set aside.
Bring large pot of water to a boil.
In a large skillet heat olive oil and gently saute onions and red pepper flakes for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
Cook pasta 1 minute less than recommended according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the water. Toss pasta in the skillet with sauce and cooking liquid over high heat until water is reduced.
Stir in arugula, tomatoes, and cheese. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired, before serving.