- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 24
- 6 cups honey nut Chex or rice Chex
- 1 cup fried banana chips
- 1 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger or cardamom
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries or dried pineapple
DirectionsIn large microwavable bowl mix cereal, banana chips, and almonds.
In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup microwave butter, brown sugar, honey and ginger uncovered on high about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until mixture is boiling; stir. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on high 4 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl every minute. Stir in coconut and cranberries; microwave uncovered on high about 3 minutes or until cereal just begins to brown.
Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.