- Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups (10 oz.) Nestle Tollhouse dark chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 cup whole almonds, chopped, divided (optional)
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, beat until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in four mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels and 1/2 cup almonds. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup morsels and 1/2 cup almonds.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cit into bars.