- Servings: 10
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 8 canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 package (16 oz.) wonton skins
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Tomato ketchup and hot mustard
- or Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
DirectionsCombine pork, water chestnuts, green onions, soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
Place 1/2 teaspoonful pork mixture in center of each wonton skin. Fold wonton skin over filling to form a triangle. Turn top of triangle down to meet fold. Turn over; moisten 1 corner with water. Overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press together firmly.
Heat oil in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 375ºF.
Deep-fry wontons, a few at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Serve warm with ketchup and mustard or sweet & sour sauce, as desired.