- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-2 hours
A super-thick chili you'll be able to stand a spoon up in. Perfect for a cold winters night.
- 2 lbs. ground beef (or buffalo for leaner meat)
- 3 cans (36 oz.) tomato paste (12 oz. can)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup dark chili powder
- 1 cup New Mexico chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
Directions1. Brown beef in large pot. When beef is brown drain grease the best you can. I prefer spooning out as much as possible and then taking a few paper towels and trying to soak up as much grease as possible.
2. Add the 3 cans of tomato paste. Stir together. Add the 3 cans of beans, liquid and all, to the meat and tomato paste mixture. Stir together. Add 1 cup dark chili powder, 1 cup New Mexico chili powder, and 1/4 cup minced garlic. Add salt, black pepper, and white pepper to taste. Stir until well mixed.
3. Reduce heat to low and cover, stirring occasionally. The lower the heat the better. Cook for at least 30 minutes but 1-2 hours is preferred.
4. Serve with shredded cheese, crackers, and/or Frito's. Chili will be very thick.