- Servings: 4
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
DirectionsCut chicken into 1-inch square pieces. Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sherry and pressed garlic in small bowl; stir in chicken. Let stand 15 minutes.
Coat half of chicken pieces lightly with cornstarch; shake off excess.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces; reduce heat to medium. Cook about 3-1/2 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in center. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
Drain off all but 1 teaspoon oil from skillet. Add sliced garlic, red pepper and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute over medium heat.
Stir in corn syrup, sugar, vinegar and remaining 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Bring to boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken.
Stir in cooked chicken pieces until well coated with sauce and heated through.
Turn out into serving bowl and sprinkle sesame seed over chicken and sauce.