- Servings: 4
- 3/4 pound fresh or thawed bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 small dried whole red chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons slivered fresh ginger root
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Oriental sesame oil
DirectionsCook scallops in small amount of boiling water 30 seconds; drain.
Combine soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, sugar and 3/4 cup water.
Cut each chili pepper open lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through.
Heat vegetable oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium heat; add chilies and stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove chilies.
Heat chili oil over high heat. Add onion and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add scallops, chilies and soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Serve immediately.