- Servings: 4
- 1 (4-pound) fresh or thawed whole roasting chicken
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
DirectionsRemove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold running water; drain well and pat dry with paper towels. Pierce chicken thoroughly with fork. Place chicken, breast side up, in shallow, foil-lined roasting pan.
Combine less sodium soy sauce, sherry, oil, garlic, fennel, ginger, sugar and cloves. Brush cavity and skin thoroughly with sauce mixture.
Roast in 325°F. oven 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180°, brushing chicken occasionally with remaining sauce mixture during last 40 minutes of roasting time.
Remove chicken from oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving.