- Servings: 4-6
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 to 4-pound beef chuck pot roast, about 2 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
DirectionsCombine flour, garlic powder and pepper. Coat both sides of meat with flour mixture; reserve mixture.
Lightly brown meat slowly on both sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet. Combine teriyaki sauce and 1-1/4 cups water; pour over meat. Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
Arrange potatoes around meat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, blend 1/4 cup reserved flour mixture and 1/2 cup water.
Remove meat and potatoes to serving platter; keep warm.
Pour pan drippings into large measuring cup. Skim off fat; reserve 2-1/2 cups. Return reserved drippings to pan and bring to boil. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.
To serve, slice meat across grain and serve with potatoes and gravy.