- Servings: 8
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound large fresh or thawed prawns
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 small red chili peppers, coarsely chopped
DirectionsCombine ketchup, soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. wine, sugar and cornstarch.
Wash and devein prawns (do not shell); cut diagonally into halves. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. wine and 1/2 teaspoon ginger over prawns.
Heat oil in large skillet; add prawns and sauté until completely pink or red.
Stir in green onions, remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic and chili peppers; cook only until green onions are tender.
Pour ketchup mixture into pan; bring to boil and cook only until sauce thickens. Serve immediately.