- Servings: 4
- 1/2 pound boneless lean pork
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chunked
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths,
- separating whites from tops
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
DirectionsCut pork across grain into thin slices; coat with mixture of 1 Tbsp. each soy sauce and cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and garlic. Let stand 15 minutes.
Blend remaining 2 Tbsp.soy sauce, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, fennel and 3/4 cup water.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan. Add onion and whites of green onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Add carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add green onion tops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add pork and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
Sprinkle with cashews; serve over rice.