- Servings: 4
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) tomatoes with roasted red peppers, liquid reserved
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1 can (16 oz.) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley
DirectionsSprinkle top side of salmon with paprika, salt, and a heavy coating of pepper. Press spices into fish, cover and refigerate. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and add onion. Cook until onion begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes with peppers and corn; cook 5 minutes. Add beans, liquid from tomato can and tomato sauce.
Season with salt and pepper; simmer for 8 minutes. While sauce is simmering, heat remaining oil in large pan; cool 4 minutes. Carefully turn salmon over and cook other side for 4 minutes. Pour sauce over salmon and sprinkle with fresh herbs to serve.