- Servings: 4
- 4 fish steaks (halibut, sea bass or salmon),
- about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 tablespoons papaya nectar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Maui Sunset Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or toasted almonds
DirectionsPlace fish steaks in single layer in large shallow pan.
Blend teriyaki marinade & sauce, papaya nectar, cilantro and oil; pour over fish. Turn fish over to coat both sides. Refrigerate 45 minutes, turning fish over occasionally.
Meanwhile, coat grill rack with cooking spray; place 4 to 6 inches from hot coals.
Reserving 1/3 cup marinade, remove fish and place on rack. Cook 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Remove to serving platter; keep warm while preparing Maui Sunset Sauce.
To serve, spoon sauce over fish steaks and sprinkle with nuts.
Maui Sunset Sauce: Combine 1/3 cup reserved marinade, 1/3 cup papaya nectar, 1/4 cup water, 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 teaspoon sugar in small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens slightly.