- Servings: 6
- 3 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens (each about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
DirectionsRemove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Split hens lengthwise. Rinse halves under cold running water; drain well and pat dry with paper toweling. Place in large plastic food storage bag.
Combine teriyaki marinade & sauce, lemon peel and juice, garlic and pepper; pour over hens. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat halves. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
Place hens on grill 5 to 7 inches from hot coals. Cook 45 to 50 minutes, or until hens are no longer pink in center, turning over frequently. (Or, broil about 7 inches from heat 50 minutes, or until hens are no longer pink in center, turning over frequently.)
Remove to serving platter and immediately sprinkle cilantro over hens.