- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 9
- 1/2 package bacon, but into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups country style hash browns
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350. Coat 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet over a medium heat cook bacon for 4 to 6 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove cooked bacon from pan and drain.
Meanwhile heat oil in another large skillet over medium high heat. Cook hash browns for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes. Add vegetables and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer evenly into baking dish. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in cheese and cooked bacon. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until eggs are set.