- Servings: 6
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- Hot Garlic Sauce (recipe below)
- 6 metal or bamboo* skewers
DirectionsCut beef into 1-inch square pieces.
Combine soy sauce, pepper, oil, lime juice, garlic and ginger; pour over beef in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat beef well. Marinate 30 minutes, turning bag over once.
Meanwhile, prepare Hot Garlic Sauce.
Thread beef onto skewers, leaving space between pieces.
Cook kabobs on grill 5 inches from hot coals, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness. (Or, broil kabobs on rack of broiler pan, 3 to 4 inches from heat source, 3 to 4 minutes on each side [for medium-rare], or to desired doneness.)
Serve with Hot Garlic Sauce.
Hot Garlic Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup water, 2 cloves garlic, pressed, 2 Tbsp. each sugar, Kikkoman Rice Vinegar and fresh lime juice, 1 Tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, stirring until sugar dissolves.
*Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.