- Servings: 4
- 1/2 pound uncooked gemelli or ziti pasta
- 2/3 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 pound lower fat, mild Italian sausage,
- cut diagonally in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
DirectionsCook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Meanwhile, blend sweet & sour sauce, brown sugar and apple juice.
Cook sausage in hot, large skillet over medium heat, 12 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear, turning pieces over occasionally. Remove sausage.
Add peppers and garlic to same skillet; stir-fry about 2 minutes, or until peppers are tender, yet crisp. Stir in sausage, pasta and sweet & sauce mixture and cook just until ingredients are coated with sauce and heated through.