- Servings: 6-8
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups burgundy wine
- 1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound small boiling onions
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked egg noodles
DirectionsCombine flour and garlic powder in small bowl; divide mixture in half. Coat beef with one-half of flour mixture.
Brown beef in hot oil in Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan.
Pour in 2/3 cup water and next 4 ingredients. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Add carrots, onions and mushrooms; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, blend remaining flour mixture and 1/2 cup water.
Stir into meat mixture; return to boil and cook until slightly thickened.
Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley; serve over noodles.