- Servings: 4-6
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- 8 shallots, julienned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 3 cups peach preserves
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh ginger root
- 4 teaspoons coriander seed, coarsely cracked*
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE DISH
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 3/4 pound each
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
DirectionsFOR THE SAUCE
Sauté shallots, garlic and minced ginger in hot sesame oil in large saucepan over medium heat 8 minutes, or until shallots are lightly caramelized.
Add preserves. Increase heat to high; bring to boil, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce, vinegar, julienned ginger and coriander. Cool completely.
Store in covered plastic container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Stir well before using.
* To crack coriander seed, place in plastic food storage bag; close securely. Pound with meat mallet or hammer until seeds crack.
Makes about 4 cups sauce.
FOR THE DISH
Holding knife at slight angle, cut pork crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices; flatten pieces slightly.
Brown pork on both sides in hot oil over medium-high heat in large skillet with cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 2 minutes.
Turn pork over; cook, covered, 2 minutes longer, or until pork is just done.
Remove pan from heat; spoon 1/3 cup Sauce evenly over pork.
Serve with additional Sauce.
Serve Sauce with egg rolls, chicken fingers or scallion pancakes. Or, use to glaze grilled chicken and shrimp, or roasted turkey and duck.