- Servings: 6
- 3-1/2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder roast
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves,crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
- 3 small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into eighths
DirectionsTrim off excess fat from lamb. Cut meat into 1-1/2-inch chunks; coat with mixture of flour and garlic powder. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and brown on all sides.
Stir in 1-1/2 cups water, teriyaki sauce, basil and oregano; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour.
Add carrots, potatoes and turnips; simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Stir in celery and onion; simmer, covered, 15 minutes longer, or until lamb and vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, blend reserved flour mixture with 2 Tbsp. water. Stir into meat mixture; return to boil and cook until slightly thickened.