- Servings: 4
- SIGNATURE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- APPLICATION RECIPE
- 1 boneless pork tenderloin, about 1-1/4 pounds, trimmed of fat
- Signature Sauce - 1 recipe
- 2 bunches Swiss chard
- 1 quart boiling salted water
In heavy saucepan, place 3/4 cup sugar and water over medium high heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, bring to a boil without stirring.
Add cranberries, apricots, vinegar, brown sugar, and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
Add sake, soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper and stir to combine well.
Grill pork to the desired doneness, about 7 or 8 minutes per side over high heat for medium donness.
Remove and cut into 12 slices.
While meat is on grill, place thoroughly washed Swiss chard in boiling salt water and allow to simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain chard thoroughly and arrange a bed of chard on each serving plate and top with 3 slices of pork arranged on top of each other on angles. Top with generous serving of Signature Sauce.
ADDITIONAL USAGE IDEAS
Excellent on grilled chicken. Makes a lovely topping for slices of grilled polenta.