- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
A more natural approach to store-bought cheeseburger macaroni.
- 1 lb ground beef (substitute ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth (use chicken broth if you are substituting chicken or turkey)
- 2 - 3 cups elbow macaroni (I prefer whole grain)
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Parsley and pepper, to taste
DirectionsIn a medium saucepan brown ground beef. Once brown, add in entire can of broth and pasta. Cook pasta and beef in broth, stirring occasionally, until pasta is fully cooked and broth has been reduced significantly (you'll want some broth - but not a lot - to make the sauce). Once reduced, stir in shredded cheese until melted and mixed. Serve.
For a twist also add hot sauce.