- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen organic fire roasted crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions (white part only)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 lb fresh lump crabmeat or 2 packages (6 oz each) pasteurized refrigerated lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
DirectionsIn 2-quart saucepan, combine tomatoes, broth, celery and onions. Cook over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until celery is softened.
In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Using wire whisk, stir flour into butter. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato mixture, 1 cup at a time.
Stir in wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; stir in crabmeat and basil. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.