- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours 10 minutes
- Servings: 5
Don't wait for Oktoberfest to indulge in a German-style supper featuring chicken in a rich brown sauce.
- 10 chicken thighs (about 3 lb), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream-and-chive potato topper
DirectionsIn 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, place chicken and onion. In small bowl, mix broth and paprika; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with salt.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
About 20 minutes before serving, cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
Remove chicken and onion from cooker, using slotted spoon. Place on serving platter; cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; stir into juices in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in potato topper. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve over noodles.